Deadline for Submissions Friday, Dec. 16
MELBOURNE, FLA. — weVENTURE, a Central Florida-based organization launched at Florida Institute of Technology and focused on the entrepreneurial needs of women, is seeking nominations for its 10th Annual Women Who Rock Awards Luncheon in honor of Women’s History Month.
Nominations are due by 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16. The luncheon is from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, March 14, at Hilton Rialto Place Melbourne.
The awards categories are:
- Entrepreneur of the Year: This award recognizes a local woman who creates the products, services and jobs that fuel our economy and help our community grow.
- Excellence in Leadership: This award recognizes a female community leader who advocates for positive social change to create a more equitable society.
- Emerging Leader: This award recognizes a female under age 30 who demonstrates high ethical standards, commitment, confidence and the ability to serve as an inspirational leader, and who is a role model for members of her community.
- Florida Tech Joan Bixby Award: This award generally recognizes a Florida Tech faculty or staff member and a student (male or female) who enhances the climate for women’s participation and development on campus.
Nomination forms are available at http://weventure.fit.edu/events/womens-who-rock.php.
“These awards provide an important platform for recognizing our area’s most innovative and influential female business leaders,” said weVENTURE Executive Director Erica Lemp. “We strongly encourage local businesspeople to nominate those they feel are most deserving of these special honors.”
Winners receive a personalized plaque, media and website exposure, and social media promotion.
Spring 2016 awardees were:
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Debbie Goode, partner, Carr, Riggs & Ingram, CPAs and Advisors
- Excellence in Leadership: Betsy Farmer, executive director, Promise in Brevard
- Emerging Leader: Jennifer Sugarman, president and CEO, Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Tech Joan Bixby Award: T. Dwayne McCay, president, Florida Institute of Technology; Julie Shankle, director of online learning, Florida Institute of Technology; and Lorian Schweikert, doctoral candidate in biological sciences, Florida Institute of Technology
To learn more about weVENTURE, please visit www.weVENTURE.org or call 321-674-7007.